Fun Things to Do with a Personnel Copier
What is a Personnel Copier?
Personnel Copier (C60) is one of the coolest cards from the Cut-Ups
expansion. It's a Gear that costs 3, and has the following text:
Pay 1 Pull any time to give Character all special abilities of any other
Character in any Conspiracy until end of turn.
On a basic level, it can sort of be used to get around the
one-unique-character-at-a-time limitation (if you want the character for its
ability), but there are other fun things to do too.
Abusive Things to Do
Like many cards, Personnel Copier can be fun or it can get abusive if used
by a Control Addict who cares about nothing but winning. Here are some of the
more abusive things to do:
- Copy the ability of Karla Sommers. If there are 6 Sommerites in play,
you can crank the real Karla and the one who can sing like Karla for a total
of 12 influence. More if you've got more PCs.
- Give it to your puller you want to keep around (Monique, Mars Royale,
etc.). Copy the ability of someone like Mrs. Brinker or the Coral Entity
(during your opponent's turn). Your puller can't be attacked!
- Copy a Pharoh's ability to really mess with your opponent.
- Copy the ability of someone like Brownshirt (not unique). Then, bring in
a second copy of the same character (there's only one unique one in play).
Then, when the Personnel Copier expires, fight about what happens when there's
more than one of the same uniqe character...
Good Things to Do
Not as abisive and more fun than the above list, here are some interesting
abilities to copy.
- It has been ruled that if you copy someone like Rick Rend ("...Rend then
has the gear") the listed effects go to the person with the listed name. So
in Rick's example, you give someone a Personnel Copier who then steals a piece
of gear which is given to Rick, safely in the back row.
- If your opponent has someone like Monty Albion (crank to give someone else
+3 DP and then Albion is popped), you can use the PC and then Albion dies,
your character stays around.
- Give it to someone like Mrs. Brinker (can't be attacked) and copy Ravage's
ability. Terrorize the board, yet your guy can't get popped.
- Give it to your Big Slab (Veronica Sellers, Norton Rumple, etc.) and copy
the ability of Bellow: Bulldoze.
Fun Things to Do
Being a Cut-Ups card, there has to be some things you can do that are may
not help you win too much, but that are silly enough that you have fun.
- If today is Monday, give it to someone named Chris (because of the ruling
above) and copy the ability of Chris Robinson. Your character then can't use
the Personnel copier for the rest of the turn!
- Give it to Myriad to copy the ability of another Myriad.
- For a big ol' Cut-Ups party, have in play C.A. Radford, Chaos Personified
(C68) and C.A. Radford, Epitome of Disorder (C69), one of which has a Tulpa.
Have Really Quite Angry Kid around to call the Personnell Copier for free.
Give it to Chaos Personified, copy the Epitome's ability (when popped, all
other players lose 1 influence) a whole bunch of times, and then launch a
hopeless attack, thereby popping Chaos Personified (the Personnel Copier goes
back to your hand).
- Hand out several Personnel Copiers and have everyone copy Dev Ashana's
ability. Then rearange your conspiracy several times in one turn. "Nah, I
think I liked the chair over THERE and the blue curtains rather than the
- Copy Jacob Brinker's ability (control any character with gear) and control
- Copy the ability of Ricardo Martinez and then have the two uncrank each
other back and forth.
- Tulpa Claus Brinker, give both Personnel Copiers, and then repeatedly give
each other the other's ability. "There are 2 Brinkers in play, and we both
have 20 power."
- Copy the ability of Robert Stop (the low life klutz). The Copier is
Back to On the Edge
Back to my homepage
Last modified by Trevor Stone