Flwyd's Helpful Buttons
(and, in some cases, lifted from)
Best performance if the bookmarks are in the button bar.
Disclaimer: I wrote these for my own use (which happens to be, for the
most part, the iCab browser. You may need
to modify them to work with your favorite browser.
- Highlite a word or phrase and visit this location to search Google for that phrase. If nothing is selected, it prompts for a search string.
- Search Google for pages similar to this one.
- Search Google WebQuotes for the selected text, or the document's url if nothing is selected.
- Wayback Machine
- Search The Wayback Machine for previous (archived) versions of the current page.
- Look up the selected word at dictionary.reference.com. If nothing is selected, bring up a text entry box.
- Like above, but replace "dictionary" with "thesaurus."