Events and Details for Kelly and Trevor's Wedding
Note: We don't want to publish the location of any of these
events on the web. Please
fill out the form
if you intend to attend so you can arrive at the right place.
We’re very excited to see you at our wedding. So excited that we’re
having several events so that we can spend more time with you.
Come to as many or as few as you’d like. Kids are welcome; please keep an
eye on yours. Come visit us even if you can’t make the ceremony.
- Game day, Saturday, September 12th, 2–11pm
- Come to our house for a day of potluck, homebrew, socializing, board
games, card games, and maybe even lawn games. Bring an entré, a salad,
a snack, or your favorite beverage. Bring any games you’d like to play or
select from our big bookshelf of fun. Kids are welcome; please keep an
eye on yours.
- Hike in Boulder, Thursday, September 17th, 1–4pm
- Meet at our house and join Trevor on a hike. Bring good shoes, a
water bottle, sunscreen, and a snack. Based on consensus we'll pick an
easy or medium route in the Boulder foothills.
- Open House/Home/Heart Storytelling, Friday, September 18th, 2–10pm
- Share good stories and praise for Trevor or Kelly at our house.
Bring a potluck dish or a tasty drink. This will be a great opportunity
to make new friends, swap stories, sing a song, or talk about your
favorite memories of Trevor and Kelly. We’ll periodically gather folks
for a few grand tales but there will be plenty of unstructured socializing
too. Stop by any time with a short anecdote or a long tale.
- Wedding Ceremony, Saturday, September 19th, 3–5pm
- RSVP to learn which park in Boulder we'll be at.
The theme of the ceremony is Yin and Yang, the balance of feminine and
masculine energy, with symbolism from the I Ching. We will post some
background material to the website if you’d like to learn more. Black
and/or white outfits are encouraged (to match the yin/yang motif), but
feel free to wear a fabulous outfit that doesn’t fit the theme.
The ceremony will involve standing and movement on grass; plan
your footwear accordingly. We will have chairs available for
folks who have trouble standing or don’t move like they used to; be sure
to let us know in advance if you’d like one.
We will have pie, coffee, and juice after the ceremony. Please don’t
bring alcohol or glass containers to the park.
- Wedding Reception, Saturday, September 19th, 6–11pm
- Continue the celebration at a venue in Longmont for dinner, drinks,
Dinner will be buffet style, starting around 7:30pm. Please let us
know in advance about any food restrictions. Alcohol will be available
at a cash bar; soft drinks, coffee/tea are free. There will be old-time
square & country dances with a live caller and a band; bring your
dancing shoes! Kids are welcome but must be supervised by a responsible
See the main page for contra dance resources.
- Brunch, Sunday, September 20th, 11am–?
- Decompress and say goodbye with brunch at our house. We’ll have
fixin’s for omelettes and a skillet for bacon, or bring your favorite late
morning food to share. We’ll probably have lots of leftovers from Friday,
too ☺ The focus will be on relaxation and recuperation, with plenty of
hugs for good measure.